Did you ever notice that kids...

Don't need to know eachother to decide thet are gonna have a blast together, but we as adults can be standoffish if we don't know someone or they seem different?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first thought was yeah, that's right, and I try to take the first step if someone is different. But then I realized that kids can be extremely cruel toward another child who is different. My son at age 14 had to wear a back brace, and he was picked on all the time. The child who dresses differently can be picked on. So I'm not sure about the idea that kids are nicer. Maybe very young children?

Answer by Bmat at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep! lol. I've noticed it.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes
    all my friends that I have hated me at first they said I looked like a prissy stuckup bitc* but once they got to know me they realized that was not me at all.
    I think with adult we tend to judge the book by it's cover ya know what I mean and then compare ourselfs to others.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• LOl! Yea I know what you mean. A couple of my friends told me that at first, I looked mean, like I was ready to kick some ass! They didn't want to talk to me at first but when we got to know each other, they found out I am really fun! haha! But just last night my SO told me my 4 year was chatting with a boy who was a little older than him at the park like they were old friends.
    Anonymous

• It must be something that happens in middle school.
    Anonymous

• Okay bmat, I wasn't referring to the kids can be so cruel subject but I understand I was teased pretty bad. But I was referring to when I take my kids camping or to the beach they all just flock together and go. But all the parents of the kids m) not even say one word to eachother the entire day even though we are right next to eachother.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Thanks, Steff. I see what you mean. Thanks for explaining. I guess that I am sensitive right now because my son mentioned his problems in school recently. Yes you are so right about kids who are strangers in a fun situation all joining in for fun. :)

Answer by Bmat at 3:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep, and kids do things just for the pure joy of things, at least younger ones. It seems that the older we get, the more guarded we get.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009