Wrongful REPO

My brother had a home in the Peoria area for 2yrs. The house pmyt was automatically withdrawn from his account so he was NEVER late. He was called home from work one day becuase movers were putting all his stuff on the front lawn. Police were there and refused to let him go in because the house had been SOLD in an sight unseen auction and he no longer owned it. He never went in his home again. Lawyers have been messn with case for 1 yr now. Come to find out a bank employee had rerouted money to a personal account and changed the address so his deliquient notices weren't coming to him. Police said they had been to a few of these repos lately that were unjustified(or seemed to surprise people), Have you guys known anyone else this has happened too? He will never get his home back, but should get some money back (but its taking 4ever..hasnt even gone to court yet). Just warning people and wondering if u've heard anything similar

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Never heard of that but I would be SUPER FREAKEN PIST OFF what the heck is wrong with people to pull something like this
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• There have been some cases of this kind of fraud reported on CBS Radio. I seem to recall there was a rather large case that the prosecutors won, although I don't recall where. Is the local district attorney prosecuting?

Your brother should indeed be able to recoup some money, and make sure his credit rating is OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have never heard of anything like that, that is awful. I am amazed on how some people even think of these things, my mind doesn't even work like that. I guess this is a good warning to maybe not use auto withdrawal. Good luck with at least getting his money back.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've never heard of that, but I also refuse to let any payments come out of my account. I have auto deposit, but no withdrawal. Im old-fashioned I prefer to write checks :)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• THATS WHY I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY PAYMENTS TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT I RIGHT THEM ALL A CHECK SO THAT DONT HAPPEN "TRUST NO ONE" NOT EVEN UR BANK HELLLO
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009