am i a bad mother if i smoke pot?

if i smoke pot but am still taking care of my children as i always have would you think i am a bad mother. also the children are never there to see me smoke pot or even a ciggaret or beer i would never do it infront of them and my children are to young to even know what it is or notice a diffrence.
ps i smoke pot about 3 times a week and for the most part its at night when they are asleep i find it help with the depresion im going thew right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Pot should be legal, in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• No, you're not a bad mother any more than one who drinks a few glasses of wine a few nights a week. People will say differently because pot is illegal, but as far as I'm concerned it effects our bodies less than alcohol. 

As far as using it for depression... it is a depressant and even though it makes you feel better for the moment, it will make the depression worse in the long run.

Anonymous

• how in the world would that make you a bad mother, this question is ridiculous. i know more parents that smoke pot than those who drink alcohol, and i'd trust the stoners over the drunks anyday.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Nothing wrong with it! as long as its just pot I dont see a problem! I think it should be legal as well : )
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• LOL YES IT'S BAD!!! What is the point in it, if your depressed then go see a councelor and DEAL with your problems, don't cover them up with smoking pot, that is the same as an alcoholic, they drink to not be depressed!! See a councelor if your depressed and get off the DRUGS!!! Your kids can be taken from you, you know that right? Pot makes you see and feel weird, it's a worse feeling than being drunk!! I seen a story on tv about a woman who was so high that she went to sleep but didn't realize she fell on her child and the child died!!
    Anonymous

• Geez..........lets NOT forget ladies that POT is in fact illegal, whether you want it to be or not. And, yes, it is BAD to smoke pot-period. Especially with kids> so get over it and grow up!
    Anonymous

• Yes! You are setting an example for your children to break the law. More than that, I know a lady, who is very nice and I like a lot, who lost her children because it was realized that she liked to smoke pot at her home at night when the kids were asleep. Her ex-husband found out and sued for custody and won. Be very careful.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• IMO it would be different if you did it occasionally..socially. To do it 3 times a week as a treatment for depression seems serious. I think you should seek some help. Does it make you a bad mother? I can't say that....
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well it is illegal. If you think it is acceptable to have illegal drugs and do them, have them in your system--you are taking the chance of getting CPS involved into your life. I say, you are a mom making selfish choices. If my husband cheated on me, and my kids never saw it, it would still affect us. There are tons of reasons to say pot is ok, but the bottom line is it is illegal. You are committing several crimes to purchase, carry it on your person (even if kids are not there), and then use it. So please think. Just because you haven't been caught yet, does not mean you won't be.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• YES IT MAKES YOU A BAD MOTHER......
    Anonymous