is it normal to worry if your second child will be as perfectly healthy as your first child

my first child was diagnosed with hydrosephalus but its not so bad to require a shunt in my opinion he is perfect i am 38 wks pregnant and am terrified that she will not be as healthy as him is this normal

tinamikey214

Asked by tinamikey214 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES! Everyone worries about the health of every child they are having whether it be your 1st or 10th! You may feel like you got lucky to have a healthy child the first time and are scared your luck will run out for the next, but that is just perfectly normal fears every mother has. All you can do is take the best care possible of yourself to give you and your baby the best chances possible to be born healthy. Relax!!
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I agree with first response. I worried with all of mine.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009