When your mother asks when she is going to have another grandchild...is that a hint? lol

I was talking to my mom earlier and she asked when she was going to have another grandchild. Is that supposed to be a hint? lol!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say that's a big fat YES!

LOL, my MIL asked for a grandchild for Christmas when I was 19 and with her son less than a year lol!  She got it 2 Easters after that.  Now she's badgering her daughter, who just turned 22 for another one.  Ugh!  Leave us alone!!! lol

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Haha! Parents are funny sometimes. My SO's dad used to ask him when he was going to have grandkids when my SO wasn't even with anyone yet! SO used to tease him and say he was never having kids just to mess with his dad. Now he has 3 grandsons! One was even born on his birthday so I said "Happy birthday grandpa, don't ever say we never gave you anything!"

My mom also asked when she was going to have a grandson because she had 2 granddaughters and no grandsons. Now she has 6 grandsons! Be careful what you wish for!
    Anonymous

• Probably...I would have jokingly responded "When you decide to pay for one!!!" Have fun with it though!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Haha, my DH's aunt used to ask us all the time when we'd have a baby. The first time was when we weren't even engaged yet, LOL. Then multiple times after we were married. It got really annoying, but we didn't see her often so we'd just deal with it.

It's kind of funny, my mom and MIL don't ask at all. Actually my mom is really funny about it, and says stuff like "Are you sure you want another? Have you thought if you can afford it?" LOL. She doesn't know, but we're trying for #2 and our son is 13 months. We're done after 2, so might as well get going!!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009