at 36 weeks pregnant my baby was positioned head down...now today i had a doctor oppointment and he is in a breech position at 37 weeks...i really want a regular vaginal labor, is there still time for teh baby to turn head down again??

melyRam

Asked by melyRam at 2:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep mine was breech all the way till my water broke then she flipped. Of course she flipped back and forth daily in there lol There is always hope
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 3:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• There is time! Of course your doctor may want to try an external version (turning the baby by pressing on your tummy) and that's an option, though it's not without its risks.

Good luck!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Don't worry! They can turn anytime. For me my daughter turned during my one hour of labor I had with her. (She turned the wrong direction! But she did turn. And its a long short story but she came out healthy and happy even though she was breech - so for another note breech isn't necessarily bad!)
    chiigirl

Answer by chiigirl at 3:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Im 38 weeks and 2 days. When I had my 4D sonogram, I found out my daughter was breech. That was at 36 weeks. I now have a scheduled c section because she hasnt turned. So, just another story other than what all has been said here.
    LSteckowski

Answer by LSteckowski at 3:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes they can turn very late in pregnancy and even during labor, it is no reason to go ahead and plan a c-section. My first was transverse and turned on his own at 39 weeks. Personally i would never agree to a planned c-section for breech, i would do a vaginal birth but even if i wasn't comfortable with that i would still wait for labor and take it from there. That way you have at least given the baby the chance to come when its ready.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes. babies can even turn during labor, but there are ways of turning your baby w/o the dr doing it (which is very painful).

http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/breechcl.html
    http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/turning_a_breech_baby

the only reason dr's don't attend vaginal breech births anymore is bc they aren't trained to catch babies that are breech. if you want to deliver vaginally, just show up at the hospital when you are pushing if you're baby is still breech.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009