Are boys more mischievous than girls?

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• boys are busy busy busy. They are curious, like to take things apart, rougher, more physical, more active and so on...I have a boy and a girl. My girl is mellow and would sit and behave all day if told, but boys..(I also have lots of brothers and sisters) they will move and move and do everything they're told not to! It is rare to get a mellow, well-behaved boy. And it's rare to get a super hyperactive girl.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 3:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You would think so! But the girls in my family are pretty wild! I think they keep up with the boys in our family. I used to want a girl so bad because I have 3 boys but after my niece spent a week with us, I changed my mind! If i need a girl fix, I'll call my sis because she has 3 girls. Usually a weekend with them takes the desire away!
    Anonymous

• I have DD4 and DS 2, I will say that DS2 is way more active and physical than DD ever was.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i have only a boy but i think it really depends on the child. i, for example, was very wild and active as a child. i was a tomboy-which really isnt a surprise since i was raised with boys and no girls until my sister was born and i was already 11. my son, Andy, is WILD! lol he is everywhere. but his friend across the street is also a boy and very calm. if i ever have a girl, i will let you know a better opinion then :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well.....my girl is more devious in her plans and actions than my boys, but my boys have had bunches of injuries and the like.....so I guess it depends
    Anonymous

• UGH, NO WAY! My DD is so bad compared to my DS. My DS is really calm and nice and only gets mad when you constantly bug him. My DD on the other hand takes things from people(shes only 1) she throws things when she doesn't get what she wants, she hits her brother when he's in her way. She throws herself backwards when she wants something. OMG she's horrible compared to my DS(he's 2). Girls are so bad!! Even my mom and my MIL said the same thing about their kids, which one would be me LOL.
    Anonymous

• no way. every child is different. my middle child (girl) is WAY more mischievous that my other two (boy and girl).
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think they are about equal when it comes to being mischevious...girls are just better at getting away with it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think it depends more on individual personalities than gender. We have two of each, and I have a boy and a girl who are really quite a handful, and a boy and a girl who are really easy-going and mellow.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think it depends on their individual personalities too.

My DD is 4 and she is THE most devious, mischevious child, I've ever met. And always has been.

My DS is 2 and he is calm and laid back. He does throw the occasional tantrum, but for the most part he has a "whatever" attitude.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009