Books to read like Twilight series?

I really enjoyed all 4 of the Twilight books. I was looking for something else to read now that I'm done. Anyone have any suggestions on something similar to that series? Romance and vampires :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• The Anita Blake series by Laurel K. Hamilton. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlene Harris. Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Lynsay Sands has a good series too. I love her theory of vampires and they're romantic and funny. I read them out of order, but I think the first one is supposed to be Vampire, Interrupted. The first one I read was Single White Vampire and it was pretty hilarious
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The Cicle trilogy by Nora Roberts
    The Fangs series by Kathy Love (explicit)
    The Sookie Stackhouse series
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Evermore by Alyson Noel: Book 1 of her Immortals series. My daughter recommended it, and I was wary of it (her last squealing rec was Twilight, and sorry, I can't get into them...something about Meyer's style completely turns me off, and as a rule I LOVE both vampire fiction and YA books) but it was really good.

Also, The Vampire Diaries should be readily available with the series coming this fall, and even better (but not vampire-y) are these, also by LJ Smith (sorry, it won't let me unbold it)

The Night of the Solstice and Heart of Valor

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Love the Sookie Stackhouse series. Vampires and romance with more humor than Twilight. I agree with roachiesmom, Meyers doesn't do it for me either.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• omg!!! i love the twilight series books!!!! i'm getting ready to start my 4th one. is it as good as the first 3?? i have the movie and my husband gets mad because i watch it so much. it's such a good newer version of romeo and juliet!!!! i'm so waiting for the new moon movie to come out.
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Romeo and Juliet..... that's funny.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure about anything similar to Twilight. But I enjoyed those 4 books as well, so I can give you ideas of other books that I enjoyed.

ANYTHING by Jennifer Weiner - particularly Little Earthquakes

Anything by Wally Lamb - unbelievably excellent author of these amazing books that suck you in!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I haven't read the Twilight series, but I'm a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series. Vampires, romance, and a little Greek Mythology. My friend who has read both series likes Sherrilyn Kenyon's better because its more adult. Not XXX or anything, but there is a little sex in every book. So far there are 14 in the series (I think) and a new one comes out next month.

I just started a series by J.R. Ward, the Black Dagger Brotherhood, I think it's called. Also vampire romance. Seems pretty good so far.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 7:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• You should look into Christine Feehan's Dark series and Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. My favorite of the paranormal romance genre is Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series. It has witches, camps, pixies, weres, demons, and lots more. They are just the best, and I highly recommend them.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009