is my husband crazy?

he has such wierd way of thinking and im so pissed about it i never knew him like this till i had his children. These are the rules he thinks i should follow everyday with no excusses.

no nail polish for the girls or earings , my son cant play with somthing or watch tv that may be for girls, no cuting the girls hairs, girls must were dresses even to play outside, no one can change there diapers but our parents and us, no one may babysit but our parents, me and my children must always be dressed with our hair done because otherwise we look like homeless people, no mess is acceptable atall not even a dish because that is discusting the floor need to be vacuumed 2 times a day and the list could go on for ever. he was never like this when he did not have children and i know he doese it because he loves them and when he comes home he will help if i havent got it all done but is upset that i cant always keep up is he crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i say hes diffenitly going way over the top.... and maybe he should see a phys. just in cause....
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 3:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Its not something I willing to say with out absolute assurance but it does seem a little OCD.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• That does seem a little extreme! The no nail polish thing, does he mean only when your girls are small or even when they are older? My friend couldn't wear nail polish when we were in the 6th grade which I thought was kinda funny. Maybe discuss it with him and loosen up the rules a little? I can understand wanting a clean house but it's not always feasible when you have small children!
    Anonymous

• He is very controlling I say..

I personaly would not put up with it..Me and him,,we would be fighting all the time..

I do things my way.

I feel sorry that you found this out after you had kids..

Answer by louise2 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes,he is crazy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Sounds very controlling or obsessive. I can see the nail polish thing depending on their ages. But, the rest of it....vac twice a day ( I'm lucky if I have time to do it once) and girls not wearing pants to play outside, that's a bit much. I would rather have my girl wear pants or shorts to play outside then have her riding a bike with a dress so her underwear is showing.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 3:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Crazy??? I don't think so but very controlling, and if he is like that know when they are little I can only imagine how bad it could get as the kids get older. I don't think I would put up with it, but I also don't have any idea's on how to tame the "beast". Counseling, if his parens don't have the same view and you get along maybe they could help.

Good luck though!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Why is he like this? Did something happen with the kids under someone elses care.? Like were the kids told something by someone who was watching them. That your husband.Or maybe he was treated like that when he was younger . So he does the same with his kids. good luck with your problem.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 4:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think that's a little controlling and unrealistic. My dh has some of the same rules but not all of them. Like no nail polish or make up until 16 (except dress up or special occasion) which I agree with. We choose not to let anyone watch our kids except for our parents or close family friends. There are a lot of sicko's out there. He doesn't want me to cut my hair or our dd's hair but isn't going to stop us. He likes long hair on women/girls. He also doesn't like it when ds plays with dolls or wears his sisters skirts or whatever but he's 4 and who cares. He won't yell at him to go change or anything, he just says that's girl stuff.

As far as cleaning goes I told him if he doesn't like the way I clean then he can do it himself. Hasn't said a word since. I would try counseling. I think it might have something to do with the way he was raised.

Good luck!

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't like the amount of control he is forcing on the kids. He sounds very .... not sure the word but something out of the 1800s! A friend in high school had really long hair becasue "only sluts have short hair" Her dad still believes that and now she does too. She rarely cuts her hair and her daught has hair to her butt. Nothing wrong with long hair, but the rational is flaued.
    Anonymous