Any tips for hip and stretching pains?

My hips are just killing me! I know my body is just getting used to the pregnancy (I am 6 1/2 months) and I know these pains are totally normal, but I have lots of time left and if I spend much time on my feet my hips just ache. Is there anything I can do to lessen the pain, exercises or something? I am not ready for a few more months of this, especially since I am not quite to my third trimester even!

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 3:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did some stretching that helped my hips a lot. Lie on your side on the edge of a bed. (you will need help so you don't roll off. It happened to me, it was funny, but only because I didn't get hurt) Make sure your back is on the edge so you're looking at your bed, like toward the pillows. take your top leg and gently let it fall off the bed behind you. Do this for 10 seconds, or as long at you can stand it... don't hurt yourself. I hope that helps. I just brought out my pregnancy pilates DVD today and that worked my hips so much!! Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• try an exercise ball. i dont have one but tons of women say on here that sitting on one and doing going back and forth and side to side helps with lower back and hip pains.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have similar pains right now and was wondering if the ball really worked. I've tried sitting down on the floor and wiggling around but it just made my hips hurt worse.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 4:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My right hip got so bad during the last two months of my first pregnancy that I actually used crutches.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009