Looking to rent a carpet cleaner and do it myself. Leaning towards Home Depot. Not impressed with what I'm hearing about the Rug Dr. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

sdjackson

Asked by sdjackson at 3:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• OK first off they've changed the rules to where you have to have a credit card(not debit any more) but a credit card, come on how many people have a credit card? In the end your paying more for that rental!! We didn't do it, we just bought our own and it works wonders, but sometimes it's expensive to buy things like that. I would try to find someone you know and see if they have one you can borrow if not I would go with home depot, they seen the best from previous experiences! Anyways hope this helps, don't forget your credit card when you go!!
    Anonymous

• The other day we had our carpets cleaned through Stanley Steamer we were so impressed. I hate to put the other guys down but they do not stick to their word we tried them once and was ok with them the first time so we said ok let's give them another try maybe our rug was that bad it did not give us the results we expected. So we called them back and thought we'd give them another chance.  They came and no nothing different I will never use them again. We tried Stanley Steamer and omg from the first visit we saw a difference the little spots that we have been seeing (only we could see them they were gone) we were so convinced. They actually took the stained spots out. I was very impressed. You should try it before you do all that work on yourself GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh and they take Debit right out of your own home I mean they bring that little electronic device and swipe your card and your done.

Try it you won't b sorry 1-800-STEEMER

or visit their web...stanleysteemer.com

And enjoy your carpet :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't agree with the first response because I have never ever owned a credit card and I rented a rug dr. just 3 or 4 months ago...I love the rug dr. it's the only one that I will use. My mom bought a cleaner from target and though it works well, it doesn't do good for big rooms. We rented the rug dr. got the house cleaned the same day, and didn't have to worry about paying too much. As long as your debit card has the visa/mastercard logo, there is no difference in the cards. Hope this helps, but I would shop around if you're going to use a cleaning system... GL
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• check your local rental shop... they will have one that might be larger and less dump/fill time, you can check Lowes, Sams and Walmart for some carpet cleaner .... I also use some clorox 2 in my extractor .... also I put some of the carpet cleaner in a squart bottle and pre spray my traffic lanes and spots it will help when you extract the carpets to remove the heavy dirt...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 8:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yeah I used to sell rug dr... DON'T GET IT IT SUCKS!!!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I rented the rug dr. before and it worked okay, but I found a better product that worked excellent for me. It was the Capture System, meaning having your carpet dry cleaned but without wetting your carpet. The contractor I had to lay down my carpet warned me to never put water on the carpet, because no matter how much they tried to suck up all the water, it wouldnt get the water under the pad. With the Capture System you have a Spot remover to remove spots first with no hard scrubbing, then you spray this chemical spray to wet the carpet all over, then spread this white powder that looks like baby powder and this loosens up the dirt. Brush the carpet with a long handle carpet brush, wait 30 minutes and vacumn up. It is an amazing chemical that has been around since the 1970's. Most of the carpet cleaning companies are offering this now. But I found the Capture System to be awesome. Sold at Home Depot and Online.
    sweetmommadee

Answer by sweetmommadee at 1:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2009