Im breastfeeding so how can I produce more milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why do you think you need more? Your baby needs 6-8 wet or dirty diapers AFTER 7 days old. Before that they need one diaper per day of life. Make sense?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I know there are some special herbs/pills you can take - I don't know about them but one thing you want to make sure you are doing is eating enough...you need at least 1800 calories per day while b/f. Also get enough to drink too. Overall just make sure you are being healthy! I'm sure others will post about the special herbs and supplements you can try to take too - good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• When I was discharged from the hospital, I was told "push your fluids" and that I needed 3200 calories a day. That seemed like a lot, but as you nurse more, your appetite grows. Just make sure what you eat is relatively healthy. That way you won't gain a ton of weight. You should be drinking tons, and I mean good things like 100% juice and water. There is also a tea by a company called Traditional Medicinals. The tea is called Mother's Milk Tea and it has some very good herbs in it that stimulate milk production. It's also safe to drink while still pregnant, so if you're close to your due date you can take it without any ill effects.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was told to eat extra calories and drink plenty of fluids. The more I nursed the more milk I produced.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 4:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• 1) Drink lots of fluids
    2) The more you nurse, the more you produce
    3) Mother's Milk tea
    4) Fenugreek capsules
    5) I don't know if this is how you are judging it, but -don't- go by how much you can pump. Your baby gets FAR more from your breast than a pump can.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 3:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009