Is dad jealous that you're breastfeeding?

Anyone dealing with a spouse/significant other who is jealous that you're breastfeeding? Mine thinks I am trying to smother my baby, or just keep him to myself. I am going to do what's best for my baby regardless, but I just wondered if anyone had tips to deal with it?

Lori5097

Asked by Lori5097 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is the first I've heard this. Um, I guess you could let him rock the baby more and have him more at times other than feedings?
    Anonymous

• Your S.O. is being ridiculous. The times your not breastfeeding, he should hold the baby if he feels your hogging your child. Silly guy. Sorry you even have to deal with that.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Would it be reasonable to pump once a day or even just in a while so daddy can bottle feed and get some of that same bonding? I'm sure daddy's feel left out and to through depressions too afte ra baby.
    Anonymous

• My husband hasn't said that he's jealous but I think he does feel kinda left out sometimes. Especially when the baby cries because she's hungry and he has to hand her over...I think he wishes he could make her stop crying and comfort her sometimes! I think this is just something that he will have to get used to. I do let him give her a bottle now and then when I pump. Poor dads!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No but I think that is the sweetest thing ever.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• He's not jealous about the breastfeeding. He's jealous that the baby is more of a mommy's boy which is the opposite of his big brother.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 10:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009