How can I get my libido back during pregnancy?

Ok so I have hypertension and I had to start taking a different kind of Blood pressure pill during the pregnancy. I have no desire at all I dont want to be touched. Every time we have relations I dread it and I get no enjoyment. I am totally sexually frustrated but I cant have sex and feel comfortable. I also want to strangle my husband everytime he asks me do to something when I off. I know I am only teaching 28 hours a week for the summer but I want to use my extra hours to rest. And he jsut wont let me rest he nags about what he wants me to do or gives me a list of things he wants me to do and I am losing it. I am 22 weeks and exhausted. I just want to lie down and sleep. Oh and I am normally not lazy or even hormonal. I usually handle things great I have great patience I teach Special Ed but I want to strangle my hubby right now for all his requests. Please help I feel like I am losing my mind and this is just my 1st child

Tat_9280

Asked by Tat_9280 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you havent told him how you feel you need to do so right away b4 you do strangle him tell him no that you cant or it will have to wait also ask him if he respects you and remind him that you are pregant with your first child and you want the baby to be safe i had the same problem but after we talked about it and i told my husbands the dangers of haveing so muh extra stress he understood and everything has been great since then good luck and about your libido i dont think i can help with that sorry.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well you should be getting some energy back pretty soon. Pregnancy is really difficult and I noticed that my husband only took my complaints seriously when he asked somebody else if their wife went through the same thing. Also, when I was just a few weeks pregnant, and couldn't get off the couch for more than an hour a day, he used to nag me all of the time. Until one weekend he got HAMMERED and he was hung over for 2 days afterward...and everytime he would complain about being nauseated or having a headache or being sore somewhere I'd say "Oh really hun? You feel sick?...Well, go do the dishes." Or "go make me dinner". He laid off after that. As far as sex goes....you just gotta do it when you can. I never feel sexy anymore (25 weeks prego) but I went through a huge Libido spike a couple weeks ago. It just changes all of the time. If he is willing to, make him read a book about prego symptoms.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009