Hearing the heartbeat

How far along were you when you first heard the baby's heartbeat? I am nine weeks and the doctor was not able to hear it today. He didn't act concerned in anyway, but we were able to hear the heartbeat of our first at 8 weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 8 weeks is early, I am surprised, You can see a heartbeat on the U/S at about 6 weeks, but I have heard that you cant hear it till around 11 weeks, the first time I heard my babies heart beat was at my 12 week appointment, but my Doc didn't even try to listen for it till then, GL hun
    Anonymous

• Most doctors wont even try til 10+ weeks. Mine was done at 11w 6d & we were able to hear it, but it was faint & really hard to find. It just depends...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My doc did the heartbeat at 12 weeks.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My doctor tried for mine at 12 weeks 14 weeks and then we finally heard it around 18 weeks. I was very very worried, but everything is fine. Babies are very very tiny still that early on, and sometimes it's just hard to find. Certainly don't worry though!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 4:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009