Okay this might be a stupid question but if you get a c-section do you still bleed for six weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well the 6 weeks is a very individual thing but yes, you will have a post partum flow same as vaginal delivery. Actually with a c-section it is often shorter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep. Actually, I bled for 8. It sucked, but I think that was just me, not specifically from having a C section
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• What???? I hope not! lol 8 weeks was bad enough, I'd rather not be bleeding for more than that if I have a VBAC! You really just made me upset grneyedgrandma LOL
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think you misread something. YOU said you bled for 8 weeks. I said it is very individual and that GENERALLY post csection moms flow for shorter period than vaginal deliveries. As in everything..it differs from person to person. My 1st was about 5 weeks.. My last was 2 weeks..all c sections. My sis bled for 3 months after a vaginal..it is unpredictable.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes.

I bled a little over 4 weeks with my first and 6.5 weeks with my second. Both were c-sections.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I just had my second c-section (failed attempt at a VBAC) 3 and a half weeks ago and I bled for a good 1 week like a heavy period and then for the 2nd week it was much lighter with brown "old" blod, then it stopped completely and now today I'm experiencing some pain with a little bit of blood again, but not like a period, just when I wipe. It really varies for everyone.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009