Would you agree to legalize marijuana if...

your state was 26 million dollars in debt and legalizing marijuana would bring in over a billion dollars in just one year?

why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No I don't want drugs legalized, period. It opens the door for all kinds of other drugs to be legalized. If you can legalize marijuana, why not everything else? Alcohol already does enough damage to our society. There are better ways to reduce deficits.
    Anonymous

• Oh hell yeah I think that would pull us out of debt faster than people think and I think that it should be a age limit like Alcohol 21 and the same reproductions as Drinking and driving. You get the point i think. JMOP!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• p.s. I dont smoke it or anything I just see it as helping our debt problem.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• YES! LEGALIZE IT! GET US OUT OF DEBT PLEASE!! PUT MONEY IN GOVERNMENT HANDS INSTEAD OF STREET DRUG DEALERS! LOWER CRIME RATES! INCREASE TAX REVENUE!
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon :26. There are so many people who would actually benefit from it being legalized more than it is now.
    Anonymous

• Hell no. So are you saying lets use drugs to get us out of debt? I know this country isn't that pathetic.
    Anonymous

• why haven't they allowed the people to vote on this yet? it would be legalized sooo fast!
    Anonymous

• Sure why not? Just like tabacco is leagal so should weed. People know the risks that are associated with both substances and if they want to ruin their health who am I to stop them? I do however feel it should be illegal to sell it to those under 18 just like cigeretts.

However, if that happens we have to be ready to deal with the slew of other problems that will rise due to making it more accessable. That include employers dealing with loopy ass employees on the job. Oh wait maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea afterall. I could just see it now, more accidents happening around heavy machinery and the like. But wait what makes me think that pot isn't already being smoked daily by people who will put the lives of themselves and others in danger?

This question opens up alot of grey areas. If you sit and ponder there are pros and cons on this issue the ? is do the pros out weigh the cons.
    Anonymous

• Well, marijuana is no more a drug than alcohol is. Alcohol actually is worse for you. Marijuana is only a "drug" because it has medicinal purposes, which obvioulsy many don't use it for. Nobody drinks alcohol or medicinal purposes.
    Anonymous

• yes.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009