how much is too much or not enouygh?

I have a son who will be 4 months old next friday. I cant seem to fill him up, or if I do, hes hungry shortly after. I need more opinions, people around here say, wow thier babies never had that much and so forth. Hes like almost 16 lbs too. I dont think thats big. Hes not a chunk or anything. But he eats 7 oz every 2 hours. And also gets juice once or twice a day in between, its 1/2 juice 1/2 water in a total of 4 oz, did that due to constipationfrom the enfamil A.r. formula hes on and doc said to stick with it. As soon as he drinks all that and its gone he wants more. He also gets a very small amount of rice cereal in the evening. Every 2 hours just seems like a lot to me, is it?

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 4:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It may sound like a lot to us. But, if your child's pediatrician says it's perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry, if I were you. Every child is so different from the next. We cannot tell you what's best for your baby. But, I would say, maybe he's not starving, he may be starting the teething process and wants to pacify.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My daughter is almost 4 months and she eats every two hours during the day. She's breastfeed though so I don't know exactly how much she's getting in terms of ounces, but she nurses consistently for about the same length of time. Even at night when she nurses from both breasts, the longest she's slept without eating is 3 1/2 hours. Now that you've introduced rice cereal, have you talked with your pediatrician about introducing other solid foods? I see the pediatrician next week for her 4 month shots and that's one thing I'm going to ask about.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Mine started taking 8oz ever 2 hours at 6 weeks of age. They didn't slow down until we introduced table foods at about 6 months...and down to an "average" amount when they were eating all table foods before 9 months,
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009