Have you ever typo-ed a website and it took you to something completely different??

Like I was typing YouTube, and accidentally went to OUtube.com

OMG How embarrassing! At least no one was sitting behind me, hahaha!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was 13 I was doing a school project on a public computer and typed in "pictures of fruit" on google. Myself and everyone sitting behind me got an eyeful of...well, you can probably figure out what popped up.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes,and why does it always have to go to something perverted.
    Anonymous

• LOL...about 7 years ago, I was looking for some sports equipment, and instead of googling the name of the store, I types "dicks.com!!!!" (For Dick's Sporting Goods Store)

While certainly interesting, let's just say it wasn't the site I was looking for!!! My husband has never let me forget it!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I shop at Publix, and they have their sales ad online. One morning, I went to look at the sales ad, but I left out the l. I was trying to figure out why I had to be 18 and they needed my birthday to look at the sales ad when I realized what happened. LOL

Fortunately, I was home alone, and no one ever knew. Til now. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• While looking up information for a college history class, I typed whitehouse.com and it should have been whitehouse.gov who would have ever guessed that .com would have been an adult site.... Im sure lots of students have done this lol!
    Anonymous

• I was trying to look up some information on the bad girls club series on Oxygen channel and just typed in badgirlsclub . com OOPS It was not what I was looking for. LOL
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 4:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was looking up the names of the actors in Golden Girls (the TV show, for goodness sake!) and the sites that google presented to me were a bit shocking! O_O

Answer by Bmat at 5:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Back in the 8th grade when I got my first hotmail account I once accidentally typed in "hotmale" in the library. It was so bad! Kids were laughing at me because that was before the wonderful invention of the pop-up blocker and those porn sites just don't stop!!!!! I'm shocked I didn't end up trying to explain myself to the principal!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Nothing comes to mind at the moment, but there was a time about 10+ years ago when I was trying to call UPS about a delivery. Their phone number was 1-800-PICK UPS. I will just say I did not pick the right numbers for the first "P" or the "I".
    whoiam

Answer by whoiam at 6:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009