is there anythingi can do to help my little girl to start sleeping throw the night

she is almost 4 months old and is breatfeed and she wont take a bottle and she wakes up about 2 to 3 times a night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 4 months and sleeping through the night. What I noticed that helped at first was giving her a bath before bed with the lavender bath oil, and then lavender lotion. She started sleeping better with that. Good luck. My boys didn't sleep through the night till they were about a year old.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Nope, breastfed babies tend to wake up more in the middle of the night to be fed again. You can try giving her rice cereal mixed with your breast milk just before bedtime.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Bath at night does help. I slept with my daughter in the same bed until she was 4, breastfed until she was 2. She did wake up, but i would just pop a boob in her mouth & we would both go right back to sleep. Saved us BOTH a lot of sleepless nights.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm in the same situation....my daughter will be 4 months next week, she won't take a bottle, and she wakes up about 5 times to nurse at night. She nurses on both breasts at each feeding but she hasn't slept longer than 3 1/2 hours without eating. During the day she nurses about every 2 hours. She gets a bath at the same time every night and that has helped her to go to sleep at about the same time. I've heard about the lavendar thing but haven't tried it personally yet.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'd say give it time.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Not all formula fed babies sleep through the night at that age either. She's hungry. Feed her.
    Anonymous

• My son was around 9 months when he started sleeping through the night - she is still very young and could still be hungry which is why she's waking - especially since she is breastfed - I started a nightitme bath routine with my son at 2 months old and it never seemed to help until later. I know you are probably tired, but I think more kids don't sleep through the night than actually do.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Did you ever read The Baby Whisperer? If not, I would highly recommend it. In the book, the author talks about cluster feeding (feeding more often) in the evening. You would then do a dream feed, say at 10 or 11pm. During this feed, you would try to feed your sleeping baby & then place her back in her crib. Don't burp her. Don't change her at this time. This may give her the extra calories she needs to hold her longer.

She may also be waking up out of habit. Try a pacifier to see if she'll suck a little & then go back to sleep. I just had my 3rd baby & my 1st two slept through the night by 10 weeks. They were both breastfed. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous