Does anyone have advise to herbs or products that help you produce more breastmilk?

I have had some troubles actually breastfeeding. My daughter never quite took to the breast, so I pump. It seems lately like I've been pumping less and less each time. Is there anything out there that works? I have tried Fenugreek, but it really doesn't seem to be making a difference...

Maddis_Mom516

Asked by Maddis_Mom516 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a tea called Mothers Milk that seemed to help me produce a little more. It tastes horrible but I would put a little honey in it. You can also drink a beer, (its not going to hurt the baby) the yeast in the beer helps to produce more. I also tried the fenugreek pills and they didn't work for me either. The tea you can get at a vitamin store. Good luck.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 4:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• 9-12 fenugreek is how much is needed often moms don't take enough.
    To increase milk supply demand needs to increase also...make sure you have a HIGH quality breastpump, pump for 20 minutes every 2-3 hours....drink atleast 60 oz of water, get an extra 500 calories daily, up protein levels, eat lots of oatmeal, try more milk plus by www.motherlove.com, try 3-5 bags of mothers milk tea too, domperidone can be ordered from inhousepharmacy and it is like the medication reglan but with less side effects.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't know. I seem to be a leaky faucet., But, I do now pumping if started really early (4 weeks after birth or sooner) could cause production problems. Good luck trying what the other moms suggested. Sorry, I can't be of any help.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• This will help: http://www.cafemom.com/group/325/forums/read/1153945/HOW_TO_INCREASE_SUPPLY

Feel free to join the group!

Answer by gdiamante at 7:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009