When pregnant why do some days your baby feels as if it is going to kick out of you and other days it seems as if they sleep all day?

why is that......it is kinda a scary thing until you feel an occasional movement

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol I know what you mean! They are quiet bc they are doing just that.. sleeping! Its not a major issue, but I agree it can be scary. The baby's movement will also decrease as you get closer to delivery (around 33 weeks or so). I sometimes lay down with a big glass of juice and wait to see if he will kick, bc I get so nervous! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i know what you mean, but mine starts moving more when i get all ready to go to bed. i've freaked out a few times cause my dr is having me do the kick count, but it just really depends on when the baby is sleeping. i've gotten him to move around sometimes when i go out and play with my 4 year old outside or take a nice shower (i swear showers are like miracle workers during pregnancy). i was also informed it goes down the further along you are, cause they are getting to big to move as much but they still move a little. i hope that helped a little.
    bkwrmem

Answer by bkwrmem at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm glad you asked because with my first pregnancy my son seemed to kick all day long and then with this one I won't feel her move for twelve hours at a time. I'm just glad I'm not the only one!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009