What do you all think about this? North Korea Suspect in cyber attacks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090708/ap_on_re_as/as_skorea_cyber_attack

I just read this and wow, they seem shocked that people would think to use the internet as a way to attack the U.S. I mean aren't most of our warfare technology controlled by the touch of a button. How can our government be so naive, and please no attacks on Obama, while he is currently in charge, this stuff has been going on for years, and NO ONE is doing anything about it

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Didn't Obama appoint a Czar to cover this. I seem to remember a little blue question mark rudely telling me I didn't understand why we needed all these czars a few months back. She oh do patiently told me that these czars were going to keep us safe and that he would be in charge of making sure that these types of attacks couldn't happen.....so does HE need more TIME too? Why are we paying all these extra people if they aren't doing squat! ?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't see why everyone can't just let sh*t go and get along, for crying out loud vilance don't solve anything but couses more vilance, greedy power hungry people need to be blown off the face of the earth they are useless anyways all they do is couse trouble
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• LOLOLOL The irony in that above reply!
    Anonymous

Um, I'm confused. You want certain people blown off the face of the earth, but youalso say violence doesn't solve anything. You can't have both ways.

Anonymous

• yeah I know it don't make much sense, I just had to vent there more a second,
    but I do belive we all should just get over our problems and get along
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The computer world of virus attacks has been around for years...and just like any explosive arms and defense race, it doesn't end.

The greater the firewalls and virus protections, the more innovative virus makers become.

There's a reason why the head of the CIA says he never uses e-mail. It's too susceptible.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

Unfortunately, we don't live in a "puppy dogs and butterflies" world. There is no "getting over it." There is only getting through it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I mean aren't most of our warfare technology controlled by the touch of a button.

No they are not. Firing off a nuke is a very complex ordeal. Some crazy person can't just come in to work one day and say "I'm pissed and I am going to fire the nukes" Doesn't work that way.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I agree with carpy... it is a complex procedure.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• This is nothing new, China has been hacking into our govt systems for awhile now.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009