• In the Spotlight:

What could this be?? Any ideas??

The last two months I have not been getting a actual period. I bleed one day, have 3 days off, then bleed another day and it's done! I am NOT pregnant.... Haven't had sex in 4 months now and my periods were normal before these last two months.
I have been weirdly loosing weight and can't gain it no matter what I eat!!!! I'm 5'6" and down to 106lbs. Could I have lost too much weight to even have a period anymore??? I'm not trying to loose weight but tend to anyways. I still have cramps but no bleeding!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Health

• So let me get this straight....you have very short periods AND you are losing weight without trying? I say come give me whatever you've got, I need some of those symptoms!!! : ) I am joking with you. Sounds like thyroid to me. I'd see a doc. Take care!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Go to a doctor!
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 5:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes if you lose too much weight in a short amount of time it can screw up your periods. Talk with your doctor about this.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• thyroid. Most people associate weight gain with thyroid - but hyperthyroidism can and does cause weight loss, messes your cycle up and can cause all kinds of things, including hair falling out, bad skin, etc.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Did you drink the expired juice? LOL Im playing with you just read a question and people were freaking out about juice... I would go to the doctor. If you have lost a lot of weight it could be a sign something is going on in your body. lIke Grave's disease, or thyroid. Just for peace of mind I would get a check up. I would be more concerned about the weight than periods, but I agree that the weight is causing the period problems. 106 at your height sounds VERY skinny!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• LOL CaseyErin.... I'll take your extra weight!! Without a problem!!!!

Thank you SOO much for the input ladies! It really helps. I have gone to the dr and they weren't as thorough as I wanted. I will be going back and getting bloodwork done! I appreciate your input!!!
    Anonymous

• Could be an overactive thyroid, best to get to a doc and have blood work done
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009