being sick while pregnant?

im 30 weeks pregnant and coming down with a chest/ allergy kinda cold.. can my baby get sick as well? at first i thought it was just me not sleeping at all but now i know im coming down with something, plus the SO is getting over a chest cold himself as well

rainylittlebug

Asked by rainylittlebug at 5:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no the baby wont get sick just you!
    Anonymous

• No the baby won't get sick. But you have to be careful if you take any medications while sick. Talk to your OBGYN first to find out what's safe. I was sick with a cold the last 3 or 4 weeks of my pregnancy and it was brutal!! I was still working and not getting very good sleep because I kept waking up to go to the bathroom or stress about leaving work or stress over some other crazy thing, so it took my body a while to recover! Do what you can to take care of yourself!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The risk is pneumonia. Pneumonia can be fatal to an unborn baby exspecially in third trimester and you are more likely to get it if your are pregnant when you get a chest cold. Please be sure to keep in touch with your OBGYN about all your symptoms.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i just called my dr and he said taking tylenol pm or a benadryl will be fine to just follow the directions but if it continues or gets any worse to come up there... it really just hit me like 2 hours ago.. now i feel like im dying
    rainylittlebug

Answer by rainylittlebug at 5:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No your baby can't get sick.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• only if you develop a high fever, your baby is at risk.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009