If you had the money, which charity would you donate to?

If you had plenty of extra money, and were going to donate it to a charity or cause, what would it be?

Personally..I'd probably choose to feed hungry children and I'd save abused animals or those that were homeless/hungry.

There's just something about the innocent being hungry and homeless that makes me want to cry a the thought.

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• DENTAL CARE for people without insurance, almost anyone that could prove they don't have the cash to pay for crowns, dentures - whatever they needed. I'm sick of stuff like that in our country. We have insurance but can't afford to use it. Then there's children's issues, elderly issues, disability issues, you name it. I probably couldn't choose just 1 or 2 or even 3 charities... I wouldn't be rich for long. I'd give it all away I'm sure.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• mine are close to yours...i would give money to rosies place (a house in boston for abused woman....childrens hospital also in boston. and the animal rescue legue(sp)
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• St. Jude's I hope I never have to use it, but I'm glad it's there in case I do.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• St. Jude, Shriners. along with those you mentioned. I was just thinking about this today. How much money is just handed over for some things and not others like this.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 5:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Hungry children, battered woman, homeless, st. judes
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I know Sailfishmommy, it's sad. There are actually SO many that need help...it's hard to choose.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would do that whole thing where you send farm animals out to those 3rd world countries where they don't have any food, so they raise the animals, and help them reproduce then they eat them, but it helps them to raise a farm to have food at ALL times. I would also donate to foster care here in America. I would also donate a shit load of toys to kids who don't have any, I would just find families and drop them off myself instead of Toys For Tots since ANYONE can get a toy from them.
    Anonymous

• I give every month to...

Dollar4Life - Helps with research and treatments for ALS

World Food - Helps feed hungry all over the world

Heifer International ~ Provides food scource instead of just food fo hungry nations.

I also give to a number of smaller organisations that promote Vaccine and Pagan Awairness...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The American Cancer Society, I've had 4 family members (brother, cousin, aunt, and uncle) who've all had cancer (neuroblastoma, leukemia, testicular, and ovarian). All 4 have lived thankfully. Then there's HIVSA, Free the Children, and the Blood:Water Mission.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 6:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My 3 children were patients at a major children's hospital, they have a rare genetic disorder, and were inpatients and outpatients at several different clinics - hematology, pulmonary, & developmental. We went to this hospital for about 15 years.

It looked great on the surface but the kind of things people think their money is going to doesn't benefit the children. David Letterman donated for a playground that was locked and no one could use. Toys were locked up and could only be used if Child Life Specialists were there - they never were. Every 3 weeks my kids would have IVs that would last from 7am until 6 pm and they could eat but they weren't brought any food and there wasn't even juice or snacks. I couldn't bring in food from home.

Every other hospital we went to was better to kids and parents.

The children's hospital was always getting money and people think it helps kids. Not!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009