What are the chances I would get pregnant?

If I had sex with no B/C whatsoever (NONE) and then found out that my actual ovulation date was the day after said incident (meaning egg was supposed to be released the day after) what are the chances of 'me' getting pregnant?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• pretty good i think...sperm can live sometimes up to 5 days in the "right" environment,,.
    zzicc

Answer by zzicc at 5:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Sounds as if there is an excellent chance, all things considered- that is, if there isn't a fertility problem.

Answer by Bmat at 5:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep I agree with the other ladies. Very god chance unless you have fertility issues.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 5:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• oops..I meant "sometimes LIVE up to 5 days" sorry...lol
    zzicc

Answer by zzicc at 7:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Chances are very good. As the PP said, sperm can live up to 5 days. So, if you ovulate, it is possible to get pregnant. Although, I have read that they only retain fertility for 48 hours while in the female genital tract.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Your best chances for getting pregnant are with in the first 48 hours after you ovulate. So your chances are pretty good of getting pregnant. Im currently 6 wks and we had sex 2 days before i ovulated and got pregnant(but we were ttc)
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• From what I have researched online in my attempt to TTC #2 I have ready that sperm can live for up to 72 hrs. I guess you are in your 2ww!
    Kaismommy82

Answer by Kaismommy82 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2009