breast pump?

what brand? - and where did you get yours? I always try to do some research but I be damn if everything I've seen isnt having bad reviews... I'm trying to stay in the range of at least 80-150 dollars nothing too expensive.

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 5:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i've tried the most expensive kind, $300 (automatic) and a manual disposable one given to me from the hospital and they both do the job, just the manual ones are more work. you can check babiesrus.com and look them up, i'm sure you'll find one for $150 or less.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I used the Medela Pump in Style (299.00) at Babies R Us. I know you want to stay at a lower price, but if you want to nurse/pump for an extended time, I highly suggest investing in a good pump. I could not imagine manually pumping. You can also look for used pumps being sold (sounds gross, I know, but you can sterilize or buy replacement parts). If you can keep your supply up with a good pump and nursing, the money you will save on not having to buy formula will more than make up for it. I never had to buy formula for my son, even after going back to work, I was able to maintain my supply by pumping. Hope this helps!!!
    carriemills

Answer by carriemills at 6:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Your profile says part time work...an Avent Isis might work well for you.

The Ameda Purely Yours is also in your price range, or the Lansinoh.

NO Gerber, First Years or Evenflo...all have horrible track records.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009