My son enjoys peeing in the floor. Help!

Well my lovely son just found out he can some how twist his diaper around and manage to pee in the floor. I'm not sure how he does this...but it's happened 3 times today! And every time he giggled and giggled about it. He is 20 months old. Think it's time to try potty training? Or something else? He will now tolerate a onesie and it's too hot here for footed pjs. Putting it on backwards wouldn't help since he twists it and doesn't take it off. He can take his pants off. What are my other options?! Thanks for your help! I'll try just about anything.

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put a plastic child's pool on the floor and tell him to use that.... nah... .even I don't like that idea. Actually I think you have hit the nail on the head. If he is able to pee on demand, he is ready to be trained.

Answer by Bmat at 5:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• LOL..I'm gonna tell you something that is of no help at all.One lovely Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early.I got out of bed,stretching,looking out my back upstairs window.And wayyyy down at the end of the yard, I saw my NAKED 4 year old son peeing! I think it is a boy thing.The neighbors even came to inform me that my son would go outside just out the back door to pee and then go back in the house.EBARRESSMENT was an understatement,lol.He's 9 now and thank goodness has gotten over that phase.Sorry but you have several more years to go,lol.Yeah but...in a bit of helpfullness I could offer..he's probably ready to potty train,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• lol!!! A child's pool!! Tempting...but if I can train him to that then surely I can train him to a potty. =D
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• lol!! Great. A few more years of this may drive me nuts. =D Boys will be boys I guess!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My oldest started undoing his diaper ans watching himself pee around 16 months. I got him a potty seat and he peed in it the first time he tried. I say, go for it and start training. He's ready.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 10:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009