Diaper Changing tantrums

Ok - so when does this end and why is it only with me and sometimes his dad? he SCREAMS and fights and tosses and turns. I do not pay any attention to this, I usually stay silent and just keep laying him down so he knows its not getting to me. I've tried a book, have him help me hold the diaper or cream, singing songs -but its been months now - he's 20 months old - but I think this started around 17 months I guess. He never has diaper rashes so I know he's not hurting down there..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try giving him something to play with, like an old wallet he can play with and put coins into. or try laying him on a pillow instead of completely flat, it works for my son. it got really bad to the point where i had to smack him in the leg once and he never did it again. but i recommend trying the other ideas first.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 8:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Try changing him standing up - my son started this after he learned to walk - mobility is awesome to them!! Being forced to lie down when he really wants to get up and walk? Uh uh, no way - so I threw in the towel and started to change him standing up. Give it a shot - might makes your days a bit easier.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009