Do you/did you consider physical appearance when choosing your bridal party?

looselylucid

Asked by looselylucid at 5:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• No, this was totally irrelevant. What did matter was how important the ladies were to me.

Answer by Bmat at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I am getting married in about 1 month! (August 15th) I hate to say it but it did cross my mind, but I went with the right thing and didnt choose on appearance! I wanted them to all look good, but my step sister is a bigger girl. It just made it really hard when picking out dresses because the other girls looked good in a dress that didnt work for her at all! It was very stressful, they had to try on 12 dresses before we found on that worked!!!
    Anonymous

• LOL..noooo
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• nope. I'm not vain.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Nope. I picked my best friend, another two close friends, my SIL, my cousin and a friend that I grew up with (I'm now in her wedding this Sept. just like we said we'd do when we were little girls.) Some were bigger, some were smaller and all were important to me. When I look back at my wedding pictures, I see my friends and family, not skinny or heavy girls.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I did consider it. ...but it was not in any way a determining factor.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Why would appearance matter? The bridal party is supossed to be your sisters and closest friends.
    I guess if you choose your friends based on their appearance you wouldn't have to do it again at your wedding.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No but I know what you mean. It seems pretty crappy and vain to think like that but sometimes you have to think. I was in a wedding in June, The maid of honor looked like trash. She gave birth about 6 months before that she had a baby and I think gained 20 more pounds. She didn't have her dress altered so when she walk down the aisle she literally stepped all over it. She didn't even wax her eyebrows, or bother with makeup because ya know she had two kids and more important things to spend money on. Oh and to top everything she decided she wanted some color for the wedding so she laid out for like 5 hours 2 days before the wedding and gave herself a nice case of sunpoisoning which she started picking at THE DAY OF!!! She looked a mess and she turned out to be an eye sore in all of her pictures we literally had to rig her shaw to hide her freashly picked at craked peeling BLEEDING shoulders.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely :-)

I had seen so many weddings where bridesmaids of all different body types were stuffed into the same dress and they just looked uncomfortable. So for my wedding, all of my ladies got to pick their own style of dress. That way it was something they liked, something that complimented their body type and something that they'd be comfortable in. Each dress was from the same cut and dye of fabric with the same beading and embelishments. My friend who had just had a baby especially appreciated it :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• nope.

we did have all redheads so their 'colouring' was a lot of a factor in the wedding colours (lavender and silver) . picked the shade and let them select the style of dress (from a store that makes bridal and grad gowns to order)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009