life after D&C...

i had a D&C done a week ago and i was wondering how long should i wait before ttc? some say 3 mo my ob said when i feel ready... (she sucks) Im switching drs (long story) im just so scared this will happen again idk if i can handle another miscarriage... Hubby and i want to have another one so badly... any advice similar stories etc?>>> thans ladys

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a DNC too, it was REALLY hard, but I reccommend letting your body rest. I waited 6 months and had a perfect pregnancy the 2nd time around. Good Luck!!!
    (My 3rd preg. was a miscarriage too)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well, I had a D&C and I waited for a couple of days before dh and I had sex again, but it was more of an emotional thing then anything. I ended up getting pg two months later and had a perfect pregnancy (ok, two) after. I think alot of it depends on the reason you had the miscarriage in the first place. Mine was due to to much stress. If yours had something to do with a medical condition, I would wait to make sure it is safe for YOU and the BABY. Good luck.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i have had 4 miscarriages...and waiti4ed diff amounts of time between to try again(i have a serious medical problem), so i second the go with your feelings idea. start taking prenatals/folic acid now, it can help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would say up to 6 weeks at least before really TTC. Just go with your feelings though.
    Anonymous