Should i let my daughter dad she her?

he was never around when we first brought her home spent his paychecks on himself and reacentaly kicked us out now say he want to b her dad and see her more often but i see no effort

kri105

Asked by kri105 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• If he is willing to take every step to be her dad then yes he should be able to see her. But if he is not willing to pick her up and things like that then no.
    Anonymous

• Sure supervised until further notice. He has done nothing to prove to you that he can be trusted with her. Only a pathietic loser would kick his baby out of his house.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would give him a set schedule... you can not stop him from visiting... so offer a set schedule of visitation... set the time, day of the week.... make sure the time is a start time and end time with a 15 min window... if he is more than 15 min late at visit start.... no visit... you don't want to sit and wait for him to show or not show... keep things very business like.... if he didn't parent from the start it will be hard for him to just step into the roll, don't make it easy for him, just cut and dry....
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 7:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• As,Judge Judy would say,who do you think you are,you can't do that,if he is back,he has the right to see his child,and you have the awesome right to take him to court for childs support.But,he does have rights to see his child,go to court and make the arrangements.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I agree with lady-t. Make it a legal issue and document, document, document every visit or promise to visit.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If he's willing to kick his own child out, my guess is that he's not entirely serious about actually being a dad. My ex left me when I was 4 months pregnant (we were engaged). I always made him aware of pregnancy progression, and he was there when she was born (stayed one night in the hospital with us, left us alone the second night after I damn near bled to death getting her here to go see his girlfriend), and is not on the birth cert. (that's a whole other issue). He lives 95 miles away but has been repeatedly given an open invitation to come see his daughter (i'm nursing, so he can't take her). He's seen her ONCE in the last SEVEN MONTHS!). Just do your part, and see if he lives up to his. If he doesn't, then screw him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009