life after D&C

i had a D&C done a week ago and i was wondering how long should i wait before ttc? some say 3 mo my ob said when i feel ready... (she sucks) Im switching drs (long story) im just so scared this will happen again idk if i can handle another miscarriage... Hubby and i want to have another one so badly... any advice similar stories etc? thanks ladys

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd say get in good shape before trying again. Not sure how far along you were but the babies take nutrients from our bodies which is what we have to replinish before conceiving again. Take lot's of vitamins, eat healthy, and try again when you feel great!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 6:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i was 9 weeks sorry
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i had one done 2 years ago and my doc said wait 6 weeks
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• when i lost my baby i was 16 almost 17 weeks and he told me to wait 12 weeks
    whitney014

Answer by whitney014 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• we were told after 1 cycle
    SparklesNC

Answer by SparklesNC at 11:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I miscarried Nov. of last year I was 8 weeks and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. I didn't have a D&C since I had expelled the baby and other tissues. We never found out why I miscarried b/c doctor said it was an expensive procedure and more than likely it was an abnormality . Well doctor said since I was in good shape and healthy we could try after 3 cycles. So here we are expecting again and ready for my ultrasound tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I had been a nervous wreck from day one I found out I was pregnant again, but now I have total piece of mind and no worries. My miscarriage was very devastating, but I know God had his reasons. It really made me realize what a miracle a birth is. It will get better for you with time as well. Talk to your doctor first and when you do conceive have them do labs right away to make sure your hormone levels are normal and increasing.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was told and have heard to wait at least three cycles. I'm sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about being scared to try again. I'm afraid of history repeating itself but my husband and I want to be a family more then anything... I was 10.5 weeks when it was confirmed my pregnancy wasn't viable, April 15th of this year... It was a missed miscarriage so I didn't really know it was happening but I had an idea because something just didn't feel right. It was my first pregnancy and I needed a D&C as well. I wish you and your husband the best in the future for a healthy full term pregnancy.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009