Have you ever gotten food poisoning?

was it from something you cooked or from a restaurant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wendys I had a bacon cheese burg.
    Anonymous

• I have, twice. Once from a Chinese restaurant that I went to. The second was after I bought some meat "on special" and it was bad, but I didn't realize it until after we all got sick in the house :/ The second was really bad; I had to go to the ER and get treated for dehydration.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I got it bad from eating a burger from this place called Ethel's. That whole experience was worse than childbirth for me.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes, from Subway. I ate it on the way home from visiting my parents. It was a LONG drive...what normally took us five hours, took eight agonizing hours. We had to make a pit stop at every other town. UGH!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Once. Sadly enough, it was neither restaurant nor home cooked. It was a salad. The greens had gone bad, but when I threw the salad together that morning, I didn't notice the slimy texture, and I had a cold, so I couldn't smell anything. Tossed it all in a bowl, added dressing, ate lunch at lunch time and spent the rest of the afternoon and all evening in the bathroom. The drive home, with two pitstops to pick up kids, was soooo much fun.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I had salmonella once. I was in the hospital for 4 days. I prefer to never do that again.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes...me and my SO went to a chinese restaurant...just the two of us...suppose to be a *nice* night...a few hours later we were sick and had to go to the doctor........what a great night.! *sigh*..lasted for 3 or 4 days!
    momnc28341

Answer by momnc28341 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep. Me and my mom got food poisoning from eating at Burger King when I was a teen. It sucked and I hope to never have to go through that again.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My husband did on Valentine's Day 2008. He took me to our local Red Lobster for the first time for a dinner date and we enjoyed a very nice meal. Within hours he was on his hands and knees in the bathroom vomiting into the toilet and sitting on it with the runs. He was so sick all night long! We never ate there again.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2009