my all most 7 year has adhd n odd

and he been on alot of meds for it he was on one and the doctor told us to give t him 3 times a day but its not working it just makeing him worse so we just stop it n he still has his problems but not that bad as he did before he stats school august 18th n the doctr s nurse told us to keep him the meds would u take yr child off the meds if they wasnt working

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 6 year old with ODD? Whip his ass and take him off the meds. Call Supernanny.
    Anonymous

• Hi, I have several children on ADHD medication... one is ODD also... I don't take mine off the meds... talk to your Dr. get the XR type that is "slow release"........this will spread the meds out in his body over the day and should balance him, these meds are not in the child's system long term, that is why you can put them on and take them off so easily some Dr. tell you that you can take them off in the summer, but for me it was not good for their social or emotional wellbeing... I would also tell you to look for an eye Dr that works with children of high needs.... you might find that some of the behaviors could be due to sight....
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 7:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• hes had his eyes checked like 2 or 3 times all ready n its came back fine last summer i took him off for the hole summer but this year he was on up until like sunday or so when we took him off the meds becasue it wasnt working n the docotr wont see him until august 4th n said that he cant pt him on any thing else becasue he was on other meds and made him have ticks
    Anonymous

• nswered at 6:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 by: Anonymous
    6 year old with ODD? Whip his ass and take him off the meds. Call Supernanny
    ya i think he might need super nanny with his behaver when his dad gone and some time when his dad is here too how would i get a hold of super nanny
    Anonymous

• Have u tried behavior plans with him?as a former special ed teacher this is my expertise. Pm me is u r interested.
    shajdinyak

Answer by shajdinyak at 9:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Have u tried behavior plans with him?as a former special ed teacher this is my expertise. Pm me if u r interested.
    shajdinyak

• Take that child off of those horrible drugs RIGHT NOW!! Change his diet, take all the artificial crap out of it, plus take out the sugar. Take him to a good chiropractor and then start disciplining his rebellious behind. ODD=lazy parents term for not disciplining a defiant child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Answered at 10:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Take that child off of those horrible drugs RIGHT NOW!! Change his diet, take all the artificial crap out of it, plus take out the sugar. Take him to a good chiropractor and then start disciplining his rebellious behind. ODD=lazy parents term for not disciplining a defiant child.
    he had been been getting spank and get in to trouble he dont eat sugar at all
    Anonymous