Do you use more hairspray now than you did when you were younger?

I used a LOT of Aquanet back in the big hair 80's! I tapered off a bit in the 90's, but not that I have a shorter 'do, I find I still have to spray a lot to keep it in place. How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Nope, I have never really used the stuff. I have used it, but not very often and now I don't use it at all. I do use a bit of mousse though.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't even us 1/2 as much as I used to. I like to straighten my hair & it doesn't require hairspray. I still do use it from time to time.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It depends on the day and where I'm going. When I have it set, the gal who does my hair sprays it pretty heavily. She an older gal from the "old school" where they start with a wet set, etc. Once she's done, my hair's not going anywhere! LOL!
    Anonymous

• In the 80's I used to spray my hair with Final Net until it was hard...loved my big 80's hair. Now, I just do a little spray here and there when I curl.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I use very little hairspray, now - just to tame fly-aways. I was a victim of the 80s, too!! I had a "mullet helmet", then just REALLY HIGH hair!! I used LA Looks hairspray, mostly. It dried so hard! lol
    Anonymous

• YES!! I never knew how to style my hair or how to use products.. In the last couple years I started experimenting with different products and yeah I use hairspray now
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I hate hair spray. I can't stand anything spraying around my face. I like styling lotions. Lately I've been using a Got 2B luster lotion and I love that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Never used it. But don't use lotions or gels or mousses or anything, either. Just brush (when I remember to) and go.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2009