How do you handle this?

My son is one year old and I'm pregnant. I am unsure of how to handle certain things because I've never been around a mother with a child my son's age and pregnant with another.
1) How did you handle changing smelly diapers that make you cringe and want to puke?
2) How did you handle carrying your child and or playing with them when all they want to do is stand on you belly?
3) What can I do to quell the nausea? Crackers don't work for me this pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have 3 and one on way now. My 3 were all 2 yrs apart. so I feel your pain some. ok different things do work on different women. Some tips: ginger candies they helped with my last one and oatmeal rasin cookies all I could eat in mornings with my middle daughter. But they had siblings to play with, but when did want mommy I held them and they laid with me. I swam with them alot very relaxing to me and the little one. The water is less stressful on your body too. diapers stink no doubt about it I would rub some sweet smelling oils or perfume just under your nose before hand see if it helps. put diapers in a plastic bag tie and throw away! good luck and congrats
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i've never been pregnant. but i'm working on that. i'm sorry you're having a hard time... it will get better. sorr to not be of help. :( try to talk to SO or DH about it - to vent - so you aren't frustrated....?
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Different things work for different women for the nausia. Try eating small amounts of food often rather than big meals. Different crackers, gum, mints, dry cereal, or chips may help.

Smelly diapers! You might try going outside, holding your breath, getting the diaper off and in a plastic bag while still holding your breath, and then getting the heck away from there. My grandson doesn't like diaper changes and I do his outside so he is distracted.

The baby is well protected in the belly. Just do your best.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009