Why are most of the groups being so inactive?

I've notice most of all the groups are not all that active....Why do people join a group but no one is active....100's of members and no one talks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think because its summer so people don't have as much time to be online because their children are out of school.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think this is a better place to interact and talk to people. Questions are answered quicker..
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 7:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Because alot of people have families to take care of and we dont live on Cafemom and its summer time time to be out andhave fun!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't think it has anything to do with the summer. Not much at least. I noticed it before the summer started. In the fall they say its because they are trying to get back into the swing of things with school starting. Then in the winter they will say its because of the holidays coming up.

I think for the most part people joining really meaning to check in, but then they get distracted by other stuff and all their well-meaning plans go out the window. Its like making a new years resolution. They PLAN to post something everyday and then it just never comes into reality. I know it stinks though. I own a group and its hard to get people to check in often. You have to chase them down and remind them that you are still there and see if they still want to be part of the group. Also, haven't you noticed the only busy groups are the ones filled with drama. It makes me wonder what percent is actually moms and/or adults.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 7:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• lol i was in a group we were on every day till we started havin are kids now no one is on lol it happens
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 7:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I find it goes in spurts with my group. But then its definitely sort of a phase type group. You either move on to the Divorce Groups or you go back to being happily married.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think it is because the weather is nice and kids are wanting play outdoors. Personally, I would rather be camping, but DH is working nights so we can get by. Maybe next weekend?
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 7:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Because everyone is here answering questions, or just having a life.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009