Anyone have a Kindle? Or know about them?

I was looking online at books and saw this thing. I am so obsessed with wanting one! I read SO much. I usually get a book in a week, sometimes more if they are 300 pages or so. I think in the long run this would save money and since our library sucks and the only place around here to buy books is walmart, I think I would really enjoy it. I order from barnesandnoble.com now, but then I have to wait for my books with this I can download the books in 60 seconds. I am really taken aback with the price though ($299) does anyone have one, are the worth it? For those who don't know this is a digital reading device, sort of like an iPod but for books. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MommytoNandA

Asked by MommytoNandA at 7:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im going to be getting one. I read at least 2 books a week and i live in a small town so all we have is walmart to get books at and most of them i dont like. A friend of mine has one and she loves it! She told me its worth the money. But you might be able to get it cheeper at amazon.com thats where im going to get mine from.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've been debating, but unless you read current fiction, it may not be worth it, because so far none of the type of books I like to read, are on that format yet.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My MIL has one that she took when she deployed to Iraq, and she loves it. I think that you are pretty limited to what kind of books you can read on it. I would look into the books that are available before you invest that much money! Hope that helps!
    tndsmomma28

Answer by tndsmomma28 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2009