Mulsims, is it true that you're not supposed to face Mecca while 'going potty'?

I came across a comment on another religious site of someone saying this was in The Hadith. Is this true? I know Muslims hold the deepest respect for The Kabah, but I don't remember my cousin's husband (he's a Pakistani Muslim) ever mentioing this during our private conversations about Islam.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• gosh the bathroom is where I get stuff from God the most.. its quiet and private :-) I have prayed in the shower and on the toilet and talked to God on the toilet too. He sees everything so I am not ashamed!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes it is true! and you are also mention anything about praying and such while u r in the bathroom
    Anonymous

• haha funny, I was sitting down this morning--doing my morning bathroom thing--and started praying. Ironic you brought this up today.
    Anonymous

• I can totally understand this concept and belief because I think things you do in the bathroom are foul and disgusting even though they are natural functions. I doubt any god would be happy if you prayed while grunting out a number 2.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I just noticed I spelled MUSLIM wrong in the title *frown*
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I stop all prayers during grunts

sticking out tongue

Anonymous

• LOL Anon!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Girl, the things your mind comes up with... :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Wow... So what happens if they are on vacation and the camode in the bathroom of the hotel faces the wrong way? Do they change rooms or pee in the tub?? That's gonna bug me til I find out!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• lol, Sabrina. I could just see that. Someone peeing in the tub because it faced the wrong way. But what about #2?
    Anyway, IhartU, I have no idea, but I could see where this would affect some. They see their holy land as so precious that they wouldn't want to disgrace it in anyway.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009