How do you keep your crucifix and medals from getting tangled up? I spend so much time untangling the chains all day long.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i always thought catholics didnt wear their least my mom and her family doesnt..they only wear their medals.

Answer by necro1134 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• To wear a Catholic cross or crucifix necklace is an outward sign of faith and symbolizes our gratitude for the sacrifice Jesus made on the Cross. The Catholic Church places much emphasis on the Crucifix. Before a Catholic Mass even begins the Crucifix is carried to the altar during the opening procession, where it is then prominently placed for the celebration of mass and again precedes even the Priest out of the Sanctuary after the final blessing. The Catholic Church celebrates the Exaltation of the Holy Cross on September 14. A Catholic Cross or Crucifix necklace not only outwardly affirms the wearers faith, but projects its blessings inwardly, for the protection of the soul.

• I wear mine, I have worn it to church, i have never been told to take it off. I wear my crucifix more than I wear my medals. My medals stay in my purse.

• necro, I think you're thinking of a rosary, which typically isn't worn.

Personally, I was raised to believe more than one chain around the neck was a bit tacky. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 8:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Sorry, I'm just not a jewlery person. I wear a cross or crucifix sometimes but not much and not with other chains so I don't have any helpful tips for you.

Answer by eringobrough at 11:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my momma always told me not to call others way of doing things tacky...

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I wear one medal on the same chain with my crucifix (so the crucifix is resting on top of the medal). So no chains to get tangled.

Answer by LibbyLife at 9:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2009