How long did it take you child to adjust from the crib to a bed?

My dd is 21 months old and has learned to climb in and out of the crib and pac n play. We have decided she needs to be in a bed and I was just wondering how long it took your little ones to make the transition. Also any tips to make it easier?

melliesmom1207

Asked by melliesmom1207 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son loved it from day one his bed that is, we didn't get a toddler we just got a single bed
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• All three of my children adjusted right away. My 3 1/2 year old was great! He loved his car bed and laid down in it the first night.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• We're doing this very soon....I'm still not sure how to go about it....my daughter was easy,I would just put her in and she would actually stay!!
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 7:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My daughter fell out a couple times before she got used to her toddler bed. Its only a couple inches off the ground, but I put a thick blanket down to soften her fall
    madelines_mom

Answer by madelines_mom at 9:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• my son only slept in a crib 3 or 4 times EVER! he slept in the pack in play, until about 20 months, after that i got him a bed. his dad threw a fit and i said he fucking needed it! all in all it took about 6 months for him to adjust to where i didnt have to get up and put him back into his bed. but i had let him sleep with me when he was a baby. he never had his own bed till then.
    ksixberry2

Answer by ksixberry2 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2009