is anyone feeling like they might move to a different state because of less work or too high prices?

and where are you considering moving? we live in CA but considering moving to phoenix AZ, i have a 2 year old and a baby on the way and i dont want to move away from my parents since they are really close with my son but i dont know what to do. my husband is a mechanic, does anyone know someplace where they make alot of money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• DH considered out of the country. He was looking at King Abdullah University in Dubai. He's a computer tech.

Mechanics can make good money practically anywhere! It's a great skill that will always be in demand.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My SIL in moving from Portland, OR to Utah because the cost of living is so much lower and there is a lot of really great resources for single mom's. I know Arizona is a lot like Utah, also, and the cost of living has a BIG effect on the wages...
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• NY state sucks. do not move here. the taxes are outrageous. our governor is anidiot, and continues to lay on taxes. our state senate has been f-ing around for a month arguing about who has the power, and basically getting nothing done except adding more taxes and fees and BS. If youlive in NY but not the city, everything is crumbling around us. jobs are going away, taxes are crazy, government does not care to do anything but make it worse.

We are seriously considering moving to canada because my dh and dd's have dual citizenship.
    Anonymous

• AZ is one of the top 5 hardest hit states in the US as far as the economy goes. The list (in no particular order) is CA, AZ, TX, FL and MI. Those are definitely places I would NOT consider going to and hope to find a job. Now if he has one already lined up, that's different, but don't pick up and move there on a hope and a prayer.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well, I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you here in Central FL a good job is hard to find. I wish I could move back to WA state where at least I know the state min wage is something u can at least live off of ....
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Hello! I am a sahm and I work for Internet CEO moms. I got laid off in April and this is the best thing. I work with a HUGE group of moms who stay home also and we help people create a safer and healthier home. The best part of it all is there are no parties or inventory!!! The group I work with is so positive and it's like we are all friends. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or email me at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I would love to introduce you to the business! Hope to hear from you soon :-)
    Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I think the poor economy is everywhere right now. I know my bro is a mechanic who was making soo much that he just went to commission based and now with the economy soo poor, he's not getting any work or money. :(
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 6:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009