How do you think we can recover from this??

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.abdd7545cd0f77da8486a4cd0b87cec2.621&show_article=1

China has passed US in the fortune 500.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Apparently, communism isn't so bad!
    Anonymous

• We have only spent 6% of the crazy stimulus package money.

We COULD recover by halting all stimulus programs and immediately slashing taxes. This would ACTUALLY stimulate the economy by instantly putting more money into every paycheck and every business.

It would help a lot if we audited the Federal Reserve, too, to ascertain WHERE the 2008 T.A.R.P. billions went, since it did NOT loosen up credit and create more loans from banks to businesses (like it was intended to).

Also, it would help the value of our dollar if the US Treasury started burning up some of the billions unleashed on our economy which is causing the devaluing of our dollar.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Anon :55 has a point....

With everything I'm reading, I keep thinking about the British Empire. Just over a century ago, Britain was the world's powerhouse, and America was just up-and-coming. I have to wonder if we aren't now where the Brits were back then?

Answer by gdiamante at 8:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• "We COULD recover by halting all stimulus programs and immediately slashing taxes. This would ACTUALLY stimulate the economy by instantly putting more money into every paycheck and every business.

It would help a lot if we audited the Federal Reserve, too, to ascertain WHERE the 2008 T.A.R.P. billions went, since it did NOT loosen up credit and create more loans from banks to businesses (like it was intended to)."

I agree!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• China, which physically holds billions of US dollars, has been for months now quietly exchanging those dollars for things like gold, diamond mines, ownership of REAL stuff. They were doing this immediately after our gov't passed all this economic "stimulus", because soon the US dollar would be worth less and could not be used to buy as much REAL stuff.

That's not actually communism - it's the free market at its most muscular !

Too bad for America that WE aren't free to exercise free-market principles !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Wonderful YAY Obama.I agree with waldorfmom
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Errr...I say Darn to you Obama Man, Darn to you! As I shake my hands in the air in hate and disappointment. (LOL- sorry) I think it will take this "country" of ours YEARS to recovery from where we are now. I never expected us to recovery by now, I don't think we will be any better in a year, I don't think things will be fixed by the next election. I fel that there are many, many factors that put us where we are, and additional factors that contribute everyday to the way our country is. Nothing can be fixed overnight, sometimes it takes years to improve situations.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Did you just actually say that outloud? Communism isn't that bad??? OMG! Are you nuts?
    Anonymous

• Of course we will recover, we are survivors!
    Anonymous

• The govt. System is communist, but the business system is capitalist. That is why they do well in business. But suffer from govt control. True communism would mean the govt is running all the businesses and that isn't the case for China.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009