Red Spots

My one year old has red spots on her arms and legs. They aren't raised or itchy but she also has a fever, about 101 degrees. They also aren't raised or rough feeling. Does anybody have any idea what this might be. Also they don't look like any bug bites I have seen.

theosgirl45

Asked by theosgirl45 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Is she taking any meds? It could be allergies. My 2 yr old got strep throat and they gave her amoxicilin and she broke out in red spots -EVERYWHERE (we thought she caught chicken pox) and when I took her in they said it was an antibiotic eruption (she is allergic to penicillin) Make sure if it is allergies that she is breathing okay (some allergies that cause "hives/bumps" are some same in people that can swell there throat shut.)Our pediatrician will take calls 24hrs a day if yours does I would suggest you call them and go from there and if it is spreading rapidly or the fever goes higher or she has any other symptoms I would just err on the safe side and take her to the ER
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No she isn't on any meds and we haven't introduced any new foods. I think we are just going to see how she does tonight and if she isn't any better in the morning we will take her to see the doc.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Are the spots everywhere? Did they appear in any particular pattern (head to toes, torso outward, etc.)?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Could be anything from sunburn, chicken pox, dermatitis to scarlet fever. You should really take her to the doctor first thing in the morning.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Could be an allergic reaction to many things, it could be scarlet fever, measles, chicken pox. You should be calling the doctor to get her in. Oh, it could also be heat rash. It could be a food allergy, just because you didn't introduce anything new doesn't mean she didn't develop an allergy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Heat rash or Roseola. That would be my guess.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009