• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone else ttc and keeping it a secret?

We haven't told any family members or friends, but it's hard sometimes without the extra support! I'm just seeing how many other people do the same. We just don't really want to be asked each month, "Are you pregnant yet???" Although, so many people ask us now when we're going to have kids!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• We are trying to keep it a secret too. It is very hard!
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i found it easier to keep it a secret,rather than telling the family members(specially inlaws).people r not going to leave u alone.all depends on what question r u more comfortable with.for me,"when r u ttc?",is less depressing than "r u pregnant yet?".
    saira2306

Answer by saira2306 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Thank you for your responses, ladies! I agree with you, Saira, "when are you ttc" is definitely less depressing than, "are you pregnant yet"!
    Anonymous

• Yes we are keeping it a secret for the same reasons as yourself. Don't want to be bothered! :-)
    Anonymous

• i never told anyone with my last that we wanted a baby .. didn't want too listen too them complain about me needing too wait or listen too the are u sure u want too and so on its ur life do what u want people do not need too know everything u do
    Anonymous

• We are keeping it a secret because we just had our baby four months ago and I don't want everyone lecturing me for trying too early. It is not their for them to decide how soon is too soon for my children.
    Anonymous

• too me telling my friends and family we were ttc FELT like I was saying "We are having lots and lots of hot and raw sex" and I'd prefer them not to know that LOL and liek someone else said "are you pregnant" can be rather depressing
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my dh dosen't even know we're ttc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• We are keeping it secret because hes in the middle of a divorce and we dont want half of his family to know because they will discuss it with his ex. Theyve been separated for years, with no kids, but have to have $$ to do anything. We arent really "trying" but we arent using anything either.
    Anonymous