Overweight people vs Underweight people

Who do you think gets picked on the most?I'm a very skinny person and people have said some really mean things about my size.Not to mention the looks i get.People just seem more out spoken about someone skinny then they do someone overweight.At least from my perception it seems that way.What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I see the opposite as a fat person. I think it all in our perspective about it. We see what we want to see.
    Anonymous

• I am a small person also and i have never gotten picked on ever.
    Anonymous

• Both are wrong and probably both happen in equal number. Those who are overweight probably feel they are insulted more often just as you feel you are. It's a matter of sensitivity.

To both groups I am sorry this happens to anyone.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'll trade ya
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I've been overweight my entire life. I would give anything to be underweight.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OP here-anon 8:05 where do you live because i want to move there.
    Anonymous

• I don't think people are meaning to be hurtful, but I do think they feel more comfortable picking on skinny people. My own mom would always tell me I dissappeared when I turned sideways. A guy friend in highschool called me a bag of bones once. I've had someone comment to me about how gross it is to hug someone and feel their bones. So even they didn't tell me I was gross, I took it that way. And I've had people when describing some other person say something like "she's even skinnier than you, she probaby weighs like 90 lbs soaking wet" So then when I meet the person all I can do is check out how skinny they are, like I would even care otherwise. Besides, who would ever say to an overweight person, "She's even fatter than you, I bet she weighs 300 lbs totally naked!" So, yeah, I agree with you, but I don't think they do it on purpose.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OK. I have been both super skinny and fat... I was made fun of for it on both sides. It hurts more as a fat person, because there is something you can do about it and haven't so it is more of an insult to your failures.
    Anonymous

• I should also say that as a skinny person, I knew that they were making fun of me because of their own insecurity.
    Anonymous

• I get a lot of crap for being skinny. My family keeps telling me I look sick. I guess heavy people must be really healthy *eye roll* Everyone has a different body shape and everyone has a different opinion of what people "should" look like and weigh. My doctors keep getting on to be for being under the average weight for my age. But that's all it is, an average. I've noticed that fat jokes are usually whispered or made when the person isn't listening. But people easily tell me I look sick or ask if I'm eating. Either way, some one thinks you're doing something wrong and someone get hurt. Criticism on appearance is never nice. I weigh 90lbs and I think it's fine for my height. I'm only 5' 2'.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009