What are the best neighborhoods around the Atlanta area with good schools?

My family and I are moving to the Atlanta area and we want to move into a good school district because my son will start school next year.

Tonnieb

Asked by Tonnieb at 8:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Travel

• I used to stay with my grandmother when I was young and she lived in Smyrna, Ga just outside Atlanta. It was very nice I don't about the schools tho.....GL.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i grew up in gwinnett county. its north of atlanta.. and the schools i went to were great.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I live in Acworth! Kennesaw and Woodstock are the best areas, But I'm quite fond of it here because I live on the lake!!!
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 5:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• During my research I had been told that the Cobb County School District was the one to attend
    ChrisR0521

Answer by ChrisR0521 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Thanks everyone - this helps. I am also looking at Lake property - any suggestions?
    Tonnieb

Answer by Tonnieb at 2:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Try going to GREATSCHOOLS.COM , they have all the schools weather public, private or charter and they also have all the test scores and teacher student ratios. I'm pretty sure it would have the Atlanta area. This website is what all the Realtors use. Good luck and hope it helps. :)
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• You can find some lake properties near me, if you're willing to drive about 45 minutes to Atlanta. There is a really nice property near me for sale now, with 110 acres. Not sure you want that much yard!:)
    pikerealty.com
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• A lot of cities North of Atlanta have good schools (ex. Smyrna, Roswell, Kennesaw, Gwinnett)...the housing is really expensive up there. The housing South of Atlanta is much cheaper. Clayton does not have good school systems. Henry County on the other hand has great schools (Stockbridge, McDonough, Locust Grove, Hampton...) The housing is great and more affordable too!!!
    SLott2006

Answer by SLott2006 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thanks so much everyone - this helps in our search. We may renr a home at first, so does anyone know of and great rental properties (prefer at least 4br)
    Tonnieb

Answer by Tonnieb at 7:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Did you get an answer to your question? If not, send me a message. I live in the North Atlanta suburb Alpharetta where the schools are the BEST in the city. Research it, you will find it. Teachers fight to work in the schools of North Fulton. Also I have a friend who is an agent who finds people's houses PRO BONO. He knows where every avaliable house in the city is. The school year has started here already but if you are still looking, please send me a message. I at least want to give you the agents' number.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009