Almost 23 weeks and I haven't gained any weight...

went to the dr today and the baby measured fine... and not only am I showing but my tummy is pretty big. I can't see how I'm not gaining weight.... my doctor looked at me like I was lying about eating.(I'm small to begin with) What can I do to put on some lbs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't stress, I was the same way when I was pregnant (well, with my first) don't stress. As long as the baby is healthy, thats all that matters. Good Luck!
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• its actually a good thing, you will gain about a lb a week by 30 weeks. its healthy togain 20-25 lbs.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• As long as you are seeing a doctor and otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry...I was so sick with my first son that I weighed 10 pounds less than when I got pregnant at 6 months, and I had a beautiful healthy 7 lb. 8 oz. baby boy. Best Wishes!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It's nothing to worry about. Considering how many women loose weight the first few months you're perfectly fine. You should definatly gain 10 lbs by the time you are going to give birth (thats ALL baby weight though). So anything you put on past 10 lbs is "maternal stores". I'd give yourself until about 30 weeks to put on some poundage before worrying too much.
    As for putting on weight, no need to force it. Just try to eat more, but eat more "healthily". Don't cram 6 milky ways into your mouth to pack on the pounds.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• im 21+ wks and i am told i havent gain much weight either but if you look at my pics and such you'd see that to me and most ppl i have gained weight, my doc gave me a look like i wasnt eating to, but the nurse whose also preg is same wks as me looks way smaller and said that if you have a high motabulisim (spelt wrong i thnk) and work like crazy etc then its harder to put on weight, i never gained weight with any of my kids so i guess eat more i dont know what to tell you, i am taking extra vits and iron and eating more meat and veggies, thats what my doc said to do but everyones diff, so i hope it works for you.
    Ayeshah

Answer by Ayeshah at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• aw you're ok. i lost 10lbs instead of gain when i first got pregnant. then about 30 weeks i started gaining like crazy lol
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it. You will gain something by the end. I gained over 70 with my first, and only 14 with my second then 13 with my third. I am on my 4th, 27 weeks along and have only gained 3.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Wish I was as lucky I gained 50 with my first then 60 with my second and 50 again with my 3rd. I am only 11wks now. I am more carefull what I eat and how much I dont want to gain that much weight.
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009